The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is a high-end, Android phablet smartphone produced by Samsung Electronics. The Galaxy Note 3 was unveiled during a Samsung press conference at IFA Berlin on September 4, 2013, and will be released internationally in late-2013.
Update : 26/09/2013
Samsung officially launched the Galaxy Note 3 smartphone for the South African market at an event in Cape Town on Thursday, 26 September 2013.
The device has a recommended retail price of R8,999 and will go on sale in South Africa from Friday, 27 September 2013, Samsung revealed. The LTE version of the device will also go on sale on 27 September.
Update : 09/09/2013Vodacom will have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 towards the end of September 2013, and Cell C and MTN plan on ranging the device.
Serving as a successor to the Galaxy Note II, the Note 3 was designed to have a lighter, more upscale design than previous iterations of the Galaxy series (with a plastic leather backing and faux metallic bezel), and to expand upon the stylus and multitasking-oriented functionality in its software—which includes a new navigation wheel for pen-enabled apps, along with pop-up apps and expanded multi-window functionality.
Key Specs of Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 5.7 inch Super AMOLED Display
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels screen resolution
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor (LTE) / 1.9 GHz Qcta Core processor (3G)
- 13 Megapixel auto-focus rear camera with smart stabilization and LED flash
- 2 Megapixel front facing camera which can capture full HD videos @30 fps
- 3 GB Ram / 32 & 64 GB (option) internal storage / supports up-to64 GB microSD card
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS / GLONASS, Bluetooth v4.0 (LE), NFC, IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0, Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring, etc
- Sensors: Gesture, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB, Proximity, Humidity, Hail, Temperature, Accelerometer, Barometer
- Battery: 3,200 mAh Li-Ion
- Others: Safety Assistance, Samsung KNOX, S voice, S Health, S translator, S Album,